Saturday, August 28, 2010

Harvesting Gadgets

Its time to start your harvest, whether it be from your own garden, local farmers market, local produce store or local grocery store.  There are several ways to optimize your harvest by doing canning, freezing or preserving of some sort. I don't do that much canning but I do make some jelly and jam, mostly for gifts.  The small 1\2 pint work the best for this.
You may also need a stockpot or canning kettle for this.

Ball Wide Mouth Mason Canning Jars - 12 Count

Ball Quilted Crystal Jelly Canning Jars - 12 Count
Ball Regular Mason Canning Jars - 12 Count

I preserve most of my garden produce by freezing. There are 2 great gadgets for this.Freezer containersFreezer-Safe Food Storage Containers
And the most awsome gadget for preserving food any time the Vacuum SealerRival VS230 One Touch Seal-A-Meal Vacuum Food Sealer Packaging System

No comments: